Frequently Asked Questions
Take a break and read all about it
How does Purpl Work?
Purpl’s mobile app allows you to instantly receive money sent from anywhere in the world, via our digital remittance partners, and cash it out in USD across hundreds of locations on the Lebanese territory via our geo-locator map; and all of this at the tip of your fingers. Purpl app is available on both and .
How do I receive money from abroad in my Purpl account?
You can receive money in Lebanon from your friends and family abroad, who can send you money through our partners. Once the money is sent, you will receive an in-app push notification and an email to inform you that you have received a transaction. Your balance and recent transactions will be updated accordingly. Additionally, you will be asked to review the transaction and should accept it if it was intended for you.
How do I sign up and create a new Purpl account?
1. On the app’s landing page, click on “Create new account”
2. Enter your phone number
3. Confirm your phone number by entering the verification code sent to you by SMS
4. Enter your personal details, first name, father’s name, last name as per your official government-issued document.
5. Enter your email address to ensure further security for your account and for notifications
6. Confirm your email address by opening your email app and then click on “Verify Email”
7. Create your Purpl passcode to ensure further security of your app
8. Confirm your Purpl passcode
9. Verify your identity or skip if you would like to do that at a later stage
You’re now set to receive money from abroad into your Purpl account and use Purpl’s future services
How to send money from abroad to a Purpl user in Lebanon?
You don’t require to have the Purpl app to send money from abroad. Download Paysend or Remitly on IOS or Android and set up your account. All you have to do is link your card to our partner’s app, put the details of the beneficiary, enter the amount you wish to send, and choose Purpl as the option for the beneficiary.
The beneficiary will receive the money directly into their Purpl app, and can cash out without any fees.
What are the transaction fees applied to the sender?
Purpl and our partners always ensure the sending fees are more affordable than any other available options. As a sender, you will be able to view the fees of your transaction on our partner’s platform of your choice. The fees vary based on the country you’re sending from and the remittance partner you choose to send with.
How do I verify my Purpl profile?
To verify your Purpl profile:
- Click on the profile icon.
- Click on verify
- Upload an official document as specified on the app
- Take a selfie!
Make sure not to wear a hat, glasses, etc., and that the ID picture and selfie taken are clear.
To watch a video on how to verify your Purpl profile, click here
How can I cash out my money at an ATM?
To cash out your funds at an ATM with your Purpl app:
First, you need to make sure your profile is verified in order to cash out.
1. Log in to your Purpl app
2. Make sure you have accepted the transaction you wish to cashout.
3. Click on the “Cashout” button
4. Select the transaction you want to cash out and click on “select cashout point”
5. On the map, locate and click the most convenient cash-out location
6. Confirm cash-out to generate your request
7. Click on “review transaction”
8. Click on the “View Security Code” to view your Security Code (Security Code is valid for 60 minutes)
9. At the ATM, press the “Purpl Transaction” button located on the bottom left on the ATM screen.
10. At the ATM, enter the Security Code shown on the Purpl app for this transaction
11. Enter the transaction amount
12. Spend wisely 💰
In which currency can I cash out my money?
You will be able to cash out your funds in Fresh USD.
What are the cash-out fees?
We offer zero cash-out fees for the beneficiaries when they receive and cash out the amount 💰
Why did my cash out fail?
This could happen for multiple reasons, such as using the wrong OTP or QR code or because the cash out location might not have the USD amount available. You can always try other cash out locations or ask for a new OTP or QR code via the app.
How long does it take to receive my money?
Once the sender transfers money to your Purpl wallet, your funds will be available instantly for you to cash out.
What happens if I don’t cash out my money?
Each transaction can remain in your Purpl app for up to 30 days only, and will expire after that. The transaction amount will be automatically returned to the sender after it expires. You will receive email notifications to inform you about the time left for you to cash out. Make sure to cash out before then!
Why is my account blocked?
Your account can be blocked because you tried to enter the wrong password several times or because we detected a suspicious activity. Please contact our support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How to accept or reject a transaction?
Once you receive a transaction, you can decide whether to accept or reject it
1. Click on “Review Transactions”, or click on the transaction in the ‘Recent Transactions’ Section
2. Select the “Transfer Reason” if it’s not already filled by clicking on the drop-down menu
3. Select the “Sender Relation” if it’s not already filled by clicking on the drop-down menu
4. ✅ Click on “Yes, Accept Transaction” if it was intended for you
5. ❌ If you wish to return it to the sender, click on “No, return it” and then confirm by clicking on “Yes, return it”. The transaction amount will be returned to the sender who will be informed accordingly.
Please note that unreviewed transactions expire after 30 days and are returned to the sender.
Also, if you accept a transaction, it would still expire after 30 days if you don’t cash it out by then.
How can I reject a received transaction?
You can reject the transaction if the transaction was not intended for you by selecting the transaction and then clicking on “No, Return It”, then confirming by clicking on “Yes, return it”. The transaction will then be returned to the sender.
However, please note if you accept the transaction, you are no longer able to cancel or reject it from your end. You will need to ask the sender to cancel it on their end.